Thursday, March 10, 2011

In response to Brittany’s question, “If your life were suddenly free from a constricting time schedule, do you think you would get more done? Would your stress level decrease or increase?”

Sometimes I believe that if there was ever a day without time it would be amazing. As for getting stuff done…forget…I would enjoy this time to relax (maybe finally get caught up on some sleep). And if this were the case I believe my stress level would definitely decrease. Then again I am always saying how there aren’t enough hours in the day so if there wasn’t a time schedule I could accomplish a ton…maybe instead of just getting caught up with school work and all the other things I do I could actually get ahead for once. And again if this were the case I believe that my stress levels would decrease. But there is a good possibility that my stress levels could increase. One reason for this might be because I would never know when anything was due and I would constantly be freaking out that I’ll miss the deadline. Also I would always be wondering if I was spending too much time on something and not enough time on something else. I may even continue to worry that I would be late to certain events even though there isn’t a time schedule. So I am really not sure as to how the lack of a time schedule would affect me but I do believe it would be a very interesting experiment to do.

One of my professors told over in I believe places like China there really isn’t a time schedule. He said in the schools there aren’t any bells signaling the start and end of classes. For example in colleges classes don’t have a set ending time. The reason for this is because they feel it is wrong to not finish teaching a topic and having to pick it up at the next meeting. So classes are as long as it takes to cover the material planned for that day. I found this very interesting because what about their other classes, they are just as important. It made me very interested in how their class “schedules” must look.

Question:

Do you think it is right to leave class without finishing a topic or would it be better if we stayed in class until all the material for that topic was taught???

No comments:

Post a Comment