I am the same way I keep just about everything and then come spring/summer and winter I have a major clean up…I go through every inch of my room. I think the majority of people don’t want to live a cluttered life; it just may appear this way because they don’t know how to stay organized. Another reason as to why it might appear this way is because people don’t know how to let go…they put a sentimental value on everything even when they serve no purpose. Sometimes people just don’t know how to let go. Some people have the mindset that even though something can’t be used now they can probably find a use for it in the future.
Hoarders usually aren’t organized and don’t know how to let go there is usually an underlying reason. Many times they keep things because of something that happened during their childhood or to help fill the feeling of emptiness. There is actually a show called Hoarders. This week’s episode is about a women who when she was in high school she only had 2 skirts, a sweater, and 2 blouses and she always wanted to be able to have a variety of clothes to choose from so as a result she has become a hoarder. Another example from the show is a who was a single mother and after all her children moved out she felt very lonely and as a result she started hoarding to try to make up for the loneliness. Also hoarders unlike “typical” people can’t let go.
How do you think people who are dirty and live a cluttered life find this type of lifestyle acceptable??
No comments:
Post a Comment