Based on my experience I would have to say that the environment and personal experience have more of an effect on religious beliefs. As I have said many times before I was born into Christianity but as of about four years ago I no longer practice. The main reason is because of issues with the church. So I guess a better answer to the question would be you are born into a belief…the belief of your parents….but as you grow up your environment and personal experiences have an effect.
I am pretty sure if my parents weren't divorced then I would have finished my religious classes, I wouldn’t have been offended by what the priest said, and I may even continue to go to church. I also think if my friends practiced then when I was given the option of quitting I might have decided to finish because I only had a year left. But then again I haven’t had anything miraculously happen to me to make me believe that there is definitely a God so maybe I still would have lost faith.
Question:
Do you believe your religious practices are due to your upbringing by your parents or do you believe you’ve decided on your own??
No comments:
Post a Comment