Tuesday, February 22, 2011

In response to Katie's question "How has art affected you?"

I have had very similar experiences as well. Many times when I look at pictures I can remember the day it was taken and how I felt that day and if it was a good day usually I get a smile on my face. Sometimes I have mixed emotions too...Almost a year ago one of my close friends pasted away but when I look at pictures of him as sad as I get that he is no longer here with us and although sometimes my eyes start to tear I can't help but smile because of how happy he looks. He had a rough life but he was always smiling. I could be having one of the worse days and then I would see him and I knew that everything would be okay.

Movies and other forms of media can do the same thing. I also cry alot during movies while the other people watching it with are sitting there like what the heck is wrong with you. But I don't always cry because it's a said movie (like Bambie) sometimes I cry because of how inspiring it is. A perfect example of the later is the movie the Blind Side and the tv show Home Makeover Edition...in both examples it is simply amazing how people open up their hearts and arms in order to help each other. I only hope that I can be the same way and I wish that more people could be like this. Many times I take what I am watching and picture myself in the situations presented. Many times if I am in similar situation that I can relate to the characters I find myself even more emotionally attached.

Now that I am older I find it fun to watch "little kids movies" like Cars and Bambie to look for the underlying message. For example when I first went to see the movie Cars I just thought that it was a cute movie while one of the people I went with balled her eyes out. I didn't get it at first but then when I went back and anlysized the movie I realized how much the movie is about friendship and how great of a message it was....I hope that someday I can have a friendship like Lightning McQueen and Sally.

Question:

How do you feel about mixed emotions...have you ever experienced them...are there any benefits to mixed emotions??

No comments:

Post a Comment