Yesterday in class when we brought up destination the first thing that popped into mind was the Final Destination movie series...
For those of you, who don't know what I am talking about the concept of all the movies is that death has pre-determined who is going to die and when and how it will happen. But one of the twist is that there is one person in the group that can see what death has determined. So the group uses this person who can more or less see the "future" to cheat death. Although they can be very grusome movies I find it very interesting to see how when these people are successful in cheating death how death alters it's plan and still tries to get you at another time.
When I first watched these movies and any movie for that matter I don't notice the philosophy and other lessons, subject matter, etc. that is included. (Then again up until this semester I didn't really know that much about philosophy). In many movies they include the nature nutrture debate, fatalism, determinism, destination, etc, etc.
Question:
I am sure you can think of other movies or tv shows that include philosophical ideas but can you think of any that don't include these ideas??
How do you feel about including these ideas in the media, which influences people everyday??
No comments:
Post a Comment