I think if uniforms where mandatory everywhere we probably would focus more on personality rather than looks and this would be a good thing. But uniforms take away from how we have learned to express ourselves and it would be a dramatic change for many. Although some people would find a way to manipulate their uniform to better match how they would like to express themselves. No matter what I think there would be positive and negative outcomes due to uniforms. Personally uniforms aren’t that big of a deal but I would want to have to wear them all the time. I have to wear a uniform for one of my jobs and at first I hated it but over time I have come to not even care about it…although I would still prefer to wear what I am most comfortable in. But uniforms are kind of good because they eliminate a lot of distractions that ‘regular’ clothes can create such as being provocative. But again I suppose there could be ways around this because like in my job where they are required, different types of uniforms particularly the shirts express status…when you become management, as I am, you get more choices. The two levels below management can only wear a red shirt or a blue shirt but when you are management you get to pick out your colored shirts. So I suppose uniforms just like anything else are all a matter of opinion and they can turn into a touchy subject.
Question:
If a college(s) you were considering required a uniform, would that become a deciding factor for you??
No comments:
Post a Comment