Honestly I don’t think I have ever been in a situation where I have tried to stop discrimination. The only thing I could count is lecturing my brothers when they make a racist or other degrading remark; like making fun of people with disabilities or gay’s. But I have chosen my career based on discrimination. I am double majoring in psychology and early education so that I can work as a special education teacher but my ultimate goal is to own and run a therapy ranch for people with disabilities. I think these children who have Down syndrome or autism, bipolar disorder, etc. can be some of the cutest kids in the world. And it drives me insane when people make fun of them because they may seem to be ‘stupid’ or they look different because of their disability or disorder. My argument is everyone has the same stuff inside and we are suppose to look different on the outside that’s what makes us interesting….if we all looked exactly the same that would be really boring. Anyways I want to work with these children because I want to help them realize that they are just as smart and just as important as the quote unquote normal kids….they deserve an equal opportunity and I want to help them to get that.
Question:
How could you use your chosen career to lessen discrimination??
No comments:
Post a Comment