Thursday, May 5, 2011

In response to Kim’s question, “Should people arrange their own funerals before they die?”

I think this is a really strange question…something I would have never thought about on my own. I think in some ways if people did plan their own funerals it would help their family members and friends that they left behind. But funerals are supposed to be a reflection on someone’s life and all the good memories of them. They way family members and friends might remember and might want to respect one of their loved one’s would be different than what the dead person would want. But I also think if my parents told me how they wanted their funeral I would be obligated to do it that way out of respect…and who knows maybe if I didn’t they would haunt me ( I do believe in the afterlife and ghosts, etc.). When answering this question there is another factor that we have to consider; the cost of the funeral….they can be very expensive, so if someone was to plan their own funeral I would think that they should have to leave the necessary money to pay for it because unfortunately many people don’t hold the services they would like to for their loved one’s because of costs.

Question:

How or what do you want to be remembered most for…why??

No comments:

Post a Comment